I grew up & live in Croydon and was one of Turf’s cofounding team assembled by Alice Cretney in 2013.
I lead on marketing and, more recently, development. I’ve historically created a lot of Turf’s design work & visual identity (except our iconic logo which is by Bethany Baker), manage & produce items for the shop, and designed & made this website. I’m currently maternity cover for Aoife Flynn for facilities management.
Things I’m interested in:
Photography, bookbinding, drawing, sculpture, film, sound
- accident & serendipity
- humour processing trauma
- sublime vs banal
- hyperlocalism & degrowth
- privatisation, homogenisation
- sincerity (or lack thereof)
- medical experience (I have Niemann Pick B, so have spent a lot of my life in hospitals whilst trying to resist disability-as-identity)
- positivity culture (anti)
- data as armour (tools turned against their masters)
- problem solving, solution finding, optimizing
- unpicking a world structurally prone to either oversimplification or overcomplication