A growing selection of resources we have found helpful in learning about and supporting anti-racism, along with actions we’re taking at Turf. Collaboratively compiled by the team.
Initiated by Indiana Larence
Letter templates, organisations, donation pages & petitions.
Put together by Perkin Amalaraj
With a focus on the black trans community & black women.
Put together by Alexis Williams
Put together by Jade French
A US practitioner’s blog post looking at addressing racism at all levels.
Put together by Grace Attlee
Think and learn about anti-racism with this growing selection of writing by black writers and people of colour.
Put together by Jamila Prowse
A short summary on the social construct of race.
Put together by Emma Dabiri
A quick guide
Put together by Good Good Good
A US practitioner’s blog post looking at addressing racism at all levels
Put together by Uni of Southern California
Put together by Rania El Mugammar
What about Turf?
• Reflect demographics of Croydon in team, trustees and commissions.
• Open up anon feedback more – reminders on site and socials and put in signatures. Change how we manage & process feedback – read over feedback together and make actions.
• Do the same with assessing how we’re doing reaching audiences who reflect the demographics of Croydon & make actions.
• Use opportunities in programme to make space for conversations about race & inequality, respond more openly to local social context & social injustice in Croydon.
• As above make funding available to invite external criticism / writing / questioning – questions in the context of Croydon & art – make our internal conversations more public.
• Fundraising via a new edition channelled towards an organisation (or selection of orgs) who specifically support black communities and seek to address race inequality.
• Improve our library with more black authors and important reading & resources, available for anyone to use for free