Join us as we imagine what it would be like if the Whitgift centre was to turn into a character. What would they look like and say? What would be their favourite spot to eat? What would they most enjoy doing in Croydon?
During this playful immersive workshop we’ll look for clues in the Whitgift centre and imagine together through your own memories and stories of Croydon. The workshop will take place at Turf and will include a short walk in the Whitgift centre. The workshop forms part of Georgeenia’s wider project ‘Croydon Conversations’, which looks at creating a real life character based on people’s stories and memories of Croydon and the Whitgift centre.
ABOUT GEORGEENIA ARIARATNAM:
Georgeenia is an artist and creative producer whose own work explores cultural identity through the medium of arts based dialogue. Her work focuses on both that dialogue we have with each other and ourselves on themes linked to our relationship with our cultural identity. She creates experiences that facilitate dialogue in a playful and poignant manner to provoke, challenge and reflect. She is particularly interested in making those “uncomfortable” difficult conversations around cultural identity “comfortable” and explores how dialogue and creative artistic practices can aid with making vital conversations and self-reflection journeys, open, authentic and honest.
KEY ACCESS INFO:
- To help us support you best, please let us know if you have any access needs when booking.
- Materials, hot drinks and seating will be provided.
- For access info about getting to Turf and the Turf space, click here.
Turf aims to be a space where all are welcomed & respected. We ask all attendees to align with this spirit when booking and support us in creating a welcoming & collaborative atmosphere together. We ask that everyone is;
- Kind and respectful in our language and behaviour towards others.
- Considerate of others’ time; allowing others room to speak & engage.
- Respectful of the space itself as belonging to many people, treating the space & objects with care.