She will introduce simple book binding and stitch methods, enabling participants to create their very own ‘Nature Journals’ which can then be decorated with a mixture of natural and nature inspired embellishments . We’ll celebrate and honour nature by acquiring knowledge around natural materials and processes, experimenting through stitch and tactile play and discussing how we can build a sustainable relationship with natural environments and local wildlife.
This workshop will be delivered at a consciously slow pace, allowing for deep connection with our inner creative energy and with nature.
ABOUT JASMINE KARIS:
Jasmine Karis is a textiles community-led artist, firmly rooted in creativity, community, nature and wellbeing.
KEY ACCESS INFO:
- To help us support you best, please let us know if you have any access needs when booking.
- Materials, hot drinks and seating will be provided.
- For access info about getting to Turf and the Turf space, click here.
Turf aims to be a space where all are welcomed & respected. We ask all attendees to align with this spirit when booking and support us in creating a welcoming & collaborative atmosphere together. We ask that everyone is;
- Kind and respectful in our language and behaviour towards others.
- Considerate of others’ time; allowing others room to speak & engage.
- Respectful of the space itself as belonging to many people, treating the space & objects with care.