Part-Time Vacancy // Front of House Assistant
Turf Projects – an artist-led charity, gallery and creative workspace – is seeking two front of house assistants to join the team in Croydon.
This role involves assisting with front of house and administrative tasks at Turf Projects, working closely with Turf Projects’ Director and the rest of the team. Turf currently has a team of 5 core staff in a mix of part time and full time roles.
– Friendly, confident and communicative in greeting visitors
– Able to work flexible hours weekdays & at least one weekend day, and occasionally evenings as required (usually Thursdays, for e.g exhibition openings)
– Keen knowledge of contemporary art & creative practices
– A positive, calm and proactive approach
– Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
– Ability to work independently, flexibly, and problem solve creatively
– Turf is run by a team of local artists and creatives; strong connections to Croydon and knowledge of the borough are important to what we do as a central aspect of Turf’s identity.
– Design skills and knowledge of Adobe suite would be useful in assisting our designer with projects
– Good event photography skills would be desirable to enable us to improve our documentation of events and workshops.
This role is a front-of-house role greeting and informing visitors to Turf, and assisting the team with general admin and day-to-day duties. You will:
– Meet, greet and signpost visitors at Turf Projects, providing a warm welcome to all
– Be familiar with our exhibition and events programme, able to inform and answer visitors’ questions
– Respond to emails, and telephone enquires in a timely manner
– Be familiar with Turf Projects’ small shop, assist in sales, be competent with basic cash handling and recording (training will be provided)
– Help with setting up space for events as required
– Monitor & record visitor data
– Assist with updating Turf Projects’ website, external event listings and social media
– Assist with the production of design printed media e.g. posters and pamphlets
– Assist with event photography & photo editing
– Adhere to Turf Projects’ policies on health and safety, the environment and equal opportunities
– Attending training as necessary
– Reporting to Alice Cretney, Turf Projects Director
– 6 month fixed term, on self-employed / freelance basis
– This role is currently funded through Arts Council England with pay at £10.20 per hour, based on a 6 hour day, 2 days per week.
– Any extra hours outside of working hours will be paid as overtime or as time in lieu. Any holiday taken / alterations to normal working hours should be agreed at least a month in advance with the Director.
– Start date 14/03/18
Send a CV including your relevant qualifications and experience, previous working experience and education with a covering letter, and completed Equal Opportunities form (optional but appreciated) to Director firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the gallery and this position, visit www.turf-projects.com
Closing date for applicants 5pm Monday 5 March 2018, with a view to conduct interviews 09/03/18
Turf Projects is committed to equality and diversity in its recruitment policy.